Eastern Cycling Club memberships are now available to be purchased under AusCycling.
AusCycling memberships are for a 12-month period and can be purchased at any time during the year. You can choose to pay for a full annual membership or opt for a 12-month payment plan which will renew automatically until you cancel, which you can do at any time.
For current ECC members, we encourage you to renew before 31/12/2020 as that’s when your current AVCC membership & more importantly your insurance runs out. Please keep in mind if you join now you can start racing straight away with the likes of Southern Masters & their popular Thursday night crits at Sandown.
Membership details are:
(all disciplines) – adult $250, concession aged 65 years+ $120
– ECC is your primary (first club of choice). ECC membership fees are an extra $25.
Membership does come with a few responsibilities, all members are expected to familiarise themselves with the club’s racing regulations and practices which are available in the handbook.
Members are also expected to assist the club with the running of races by completing roster duty as prescribed by the club. The roster is published on this site and it is the responsibility of members to check that roster for their name.
- On becoming a Full Member, or other racing member, you accept that you have an obligation to perform roster duty at any time during the 12 month membership period, regardless of whether it is ‘months since I have raced’.
- While some discretion is used re. extreme distances, members may be rostered at any ECC course. Members should know that they are agreeing to be rostered anywhere, including Eildon and Seymour.
- Roster duty will apply to all, regardless of racing preference ( e.g. a rider who prefers to just compete in crits, may be called upon to marshal at a road race and vice-versa )
- To ensure fairness to all, penalties apply to members who fail to meet their obligation. Members who fail to perform their rostered duty, or who fail to provide a suitable replacement, will not be permitted to race until such time as they have completed a turn of duty.
- … and, of course, there are options to find swaps etc. in such instances the member must inform the duty roster manager of said swap at the earliest opportunity.
Memberships are through the Tidy HQ portal on the AusCycling website. If you don’t already have a Tidy HQ account, you will need to create one when you take out membership. Next steps:
1. Go to the AusCycling website https://www.auscycling.org.au/
2. On the top right-hand corner of the screen click on NAT
3. A drop down box will appear – click on AusCycling Vic. This will take you to a new screen with the AusCycling logo on the top left in dark blue (Victoria)
4. Click on Member Login in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This is where you will need to create an account if you don’t already have one.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Become a Member Today! Join Now
6. Fill in the membership prompts. Note when you come to Membership Information State and Club – ECC is listed currently at the very bottom of the list, so please scroll all the way down.
If you need any assistance joining or have any questions, please email email@example.com.